Social Determinants of Health Community of Practice
Are you a direct service worker?
Please join our Social Determinants of Health Community of Practice!
The purpose of this Community of Practice:
- is to create a safe space and bring together direct service workers, from various organizations, who currently provide services and support to individuals in the local KFLA area, such as:
- Community Development Workers
- Service Navigators
- Social Service Workers
- Community Service Workers
- Cultural Coordinators
- Program Coordinators
- Case Workers, etc.
- to foster networking, encourage members to share resources/knowledge, learn from each other, collaborate, and navigate the system together.
- to create an inclusive community without strict parameters for membership.
There will be opportunities to present services, ask questions and create new connections with other colleagues in the field!
There were 4 meetings so far, and the next VIRTUAL meetings are scheduled for:
- November 29, 2023, 2-3 pm – special presentation from Service Canada
- January 31, 2024, 2-3 pm
Please encourage your staff and circulate it amongst direct service workers and community colleagues with an invitation to join!